By Amy K Butler
Preachers get the easiest of lectionary and topical sequence preaching with this accomplished handbook of sermon sequence principles in keeping with the Revised universal Lectionary. Designed to border consecutive weeks of lectionary texts into seasonal and temporary sequence, a various staff of twelve preachers define a number of thematic sequence plans for every lectionary yr. every one sequence plan offers a sequence review, chart that outlines each one phase of the sequence, counsel and ideas, scriptural references, and a short sermon starter. The sequence honors holy days and seasons and responds to ordinary styles of church attendance, maximizing customer retention and member engagement. Pastors can honor their dedication to lectionary preaching whereas profiting from the advantages sequence preaching can provide with this really distinct resource.
- Theresa Cho, Pastor of St. John's Presbyterian Church, San Francisco, California
- Bob Dannals, Rector of St. Michael's and All Angels Episcopal Church, Dallas, Texas
- Magrey R. DeVega, Pastor of Hyde Park United Methodist Church, Tampa, Florida
- Brian Erickson, Pastor of Trinity United Methodist Church, Birmingham, Alabama
- Mihee Kim-Kort, Presbyterian Minister and Campus Ministry chief at college of Indiana, Bloomington, Indiana
- Jessica LaGrone, Dean of Chapel at Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, Kentucky
- Cleophus J. LaRue, Professor of Homiletics, Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, New Jersey
- Jacqueline J. Lewis, Senior Minister, center Collegiate Church, ny urban, New York
- Katherine Willis Pershey, Pastor of First Congregational Church, Western Springs, Illinois
- Paul Rock, Pastor of moment Presbyterian Church, Kansas urban, Kansas
- Martin Thielen, Pastor of First United Methodist Church, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Winnie Varghese, Priest and Director of group Outreach at Trinity Wall highway, ny, New York
Read Online or Download A Preacher's Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C PDF
Best clergy books
Progressively more execs in ministry learned some great benefits of short pastoral counseling-typically 3 sessions-for addressing the real-life dilemmas in their congregants. during this very precious source, 11 leaders in pastoral counseling-both demonstrated leaders and new thinkers within the field-offer a powerful reason.
Colonialism and imperialism proceed to affect the non-public and social identities of North American preachers and listeners. In Decolonizing Preaching, Sarah Travis argues that sermons have a task in shaping the identification and ethics of listeners via supporting them formulate responses to empire and colonization.
In views on kinfolk Ministry, Timothy Paul Jones makes the case that each church is named to a few type of kinfolk ministry—but what he ability through "family ministry" isn’t easily yet another application so as to add to an already-packed agenda! in accordance with Jones, the simplest kinfolk ministries contain refocusing each church approach to interact mom and dad within the technique of discipling their kids and to attract relatives jointly rather than pulling them aside.
Educating preaching, like preaching itself, is a noble pastime. After approximately 4 a long time of training, Richard Lischer has despatched legions of preachers the world over to evangelise gospel. This quantity will pay tribute to his faith-filled lifetime of preaching and educating. The participants, a few of whom have been taught by way of Lischer, have got many laurels themselves, so readers will locate in those pages knowledge for preaching from many quarters.
- Practical Theology: An Introduction
- Soft Shepherd or Almighty Pastor?: Power and Pastoral Care
- Little Visits with JESUS
- Encountering God through Expository Preaching: Connecting God’s People to God’s Presence through God’s Word
- Soterio-Seel: Salutogene Seelsorge in Theorie und Praxis (German Edition)
Additional info for A Preacher's Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C
A Preacher's Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C by Amy K Butler